A mature individual who is looking for a position that provides growth and opportunities. Someone who has an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset who can spot opportunities and areas of improvement. This law firm is looking for someone who fits into their company culture and drives them all to achieve. The person will execute the vision of the partners through strategies and processes.
The Operations officer is responsible for making the Managing Partner’s vision a reality.
The Operations officer is expected to:
- Align with the vision of the Managing Partner. Support and challenge the Managing Partner in leading the business.
- Ensure excellence in legal services, client care, support services, risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Lead and oversee the partners, managers and other team members to ensure effective day-to-day operations, the implementation and execution of strategies, compliance with policies and procedures.
- Develop a coherent support strategy for colleagues, including the provision of coaching and mentoring, to enable them to deliver the plans approved by the Management committee.
- Drive a culture of performance delivery throughout the firm, with a focus on assuring operational delivery of the firm´s objectives in the time frames agreed and within budget.
- Help to shape and guide the growth and development of the firm
- Practice management and strategic planning - Lead the partnership, with the Management committee, in the development and regular reviews of its business strategy and outcomes.
- Finance and Accounts - Support the Finance Officer in the financial management and strategy of the firm and ensure its financial security.
- Risk Management - Ensure effective systems and processes for the identification, control and monitoring of risks are implemented in the areas of strategic, operational and regulatory risk.
- Regulatory Compliance - Ensure appropriate processes and systems are in place and in operation across all business support functions to achieve regulatory compliance.
- HR and education and development - Oversee the delivery of HR with the support of the Partners and team leaders, including recruitment, performance management, leave management, disciplinary and grievance issues. To free Advocates from operational tasks and allow them to focus on their primary function – meeting the legal needs of the business.
- Business development, marketing and public relations - Lead the Marketing and Business Development Manager to ensure and facilitate the delivery of effective business development, marketing and public relations strategies for the firm.
- Premises and facilities - Undertake strategic decision making and planning relating to any office moves, additional office sites and streamlining and oversee general day-to-day facilities matters.
- IT/management - Oversee the delivery of ICT services with the support of the ICT Consultant, including:
- Degree and/or academic qualifications relevant to the role
- Five - ten years of full-time operations experience leading a diverse group of support functions for a medium – large size organization.
- Financial management, planning, analysis and reporting capabilities including budgeting and cash flow management
- Strong general IT infrastructure experience
- Strong human capital management experience
- Strong general marketing and business development experience
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements should apply by sending a copy of their CV and cover letter and indicate on cover letter current salary, benefits and expected salary to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.