Head of Finance will be expected to plan, direct and control financial resources of the company. This includes preparing the budget; conducting and presenting financial analysis and reports; coordinating external and internal audit; developing and implementing an effective system of accounting; developing and managing system controls; developing a LAN network between head office and factory; managing the payroll system; and effective administrative services in line with the Company strategic business plan. The HEAD OF FINANCE will also serve as a member of the management committee.
- Management responsibilities
- Report and deputize the General Manager
- Prepare financial related board papers that report on the financial status and analyze the company´s performance, analyze variances and incorporate improvements
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Manage the annual budgeting processes
- Lead a four people finance team
- Develops and analyses metrics that showcase the company´s performance and make presentations to the Board
- Develops finance strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objective.
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production productivity, and quality; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Manage accounting and financial systems, maintaining full and accurate accounting records in compliance with financial legislation, policies and procedures
- Ensure the efficient management of the Company´s ERP and recommend improvements.
- Oversee all accounting transactions, general ledger reconciliation and preparation of detailed financial statements.
- Approve the Chart of Accounts, maintain commitment
- Develop and implement internal system controls and procedures including monitoring payment authority practices, cash controls
- Monitor department spending and recommend corrective actions as necessary
- Manage investments and reserves
- Manage the Finance Departments budget and other resources.
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Evaluate the performance of, and provide training and development opportunities for staff in the Department
- Manage the maintenance and upgrade of financial and payroll information systems
- Coordinate ICT development and implementation LAN networks between the head office and the factory.
- Develop and implement purchasing practices and monitor the purchasing system
- Develop and implement an efficient company logistics system
- The HEAD OF FINANCE can make decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
- Works independently with authority from the MD and within policy guidelines, quality standards and procedures as per national and international benchmarks.
- Has access to important and highly confidential financial information. Overall responsibility for company´s budget and all asset. All departmental staff reporting to him/her.
- Bachelor´s Degree in business management with professional qualifications in Finance or Accounting
- CPA (K) or ACCA
- Membership – ICPAK
- Desirable: MBA – Finance option, CPS (K)
- 8 years´ experience in accounting (IFRS) or finance with 5 in senior management position preferably in the tea sector.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements should apply by sending a copy of their CV and cover letter and indicate on cover letter current salary, benefits and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.