The Factory manager will be tasked with overseeing and managing all daily production operations of the plant and ensuring that policies and procedures are followed. He will be tasked with developing processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Validate, sign commercial contracts and ensure their implementation. Manage and Process Products by supervising staff; planning, organizing and monitoring work flow through the Factory, ensuring adherence to Quality standards and optimal returns.
- Implement strategies in line with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus and provide leadership to staff.
- To ensure health and safety provisions and regulations are complied with and the safety risks and hazards are mitigated.
- Ensure that the factory complies with Quality control standards such as Total Quality Management (TQM), the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Food Safety.
- Ensure that the Plant complies with local and international statutory and Regulatory requirements.
- Manage the manufacturing operations and ensure an Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) of 80% with an efficient maintenance schedule.
- Planning and organizing production schedules, ensuring the manufacturing process are run smoothly and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring compliance of operations with company policy as well as relevant statutory obligations.
- Planning and controlling of costs versus budget.
- Planning and controlling of resources (Equipment, People, Material).
- Maintenance of all equipment through inspection, cleaning & inspection, continuous care and preventive maintenance.
- Creating and maintaining a positive work environment for all employees, develop a mentorship & team development.
- Bachelors´ Degree in Engineering or Science.
- Diploma in Business Management a plus.
- Minimum 5 years proven managerial experience in a similar role, preferably in a FMCG set up.
- Knowledge of GMP, Kaizen/TPM/TQM/Lean manufacturing techniques a must.
- Hands on experience with Quality Systems such as ISO:9001 and ISO:22000
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements should apply by sending a copy of their CV and cover letter and indicate on cover letter current salary, benefits and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.