Brief details of the prime responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer s/he, The COO shall be responsible and accountable for the operations management of the Bank which includes that of development, design,operations and improvement of the systems that create and deliver the bank´s products and services. She/he must ensure that the business operations are efficient and effective and that vproper management of resources.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Joint responsibility with CEO for the overall management of the organization in line with the organizations strategic plan.
- Responsibility for monitoring organizational performance against the strategic plan, working with staff to stay on target and looking ahead to the long term development of the organization operationally and strategically.
- Responsible for providing operational support and advice for the effective implementation of strategic plans and new business development activities.
- Responsible for initiating the annual planning process and for overseeing and coordinating its development ensuring it is in line with overall strategic goals and mission of the organisation.
Responsible for supporting the Company Secretary in ensuring that the Board´s agenda serves and reflects appropriate planning cycles, papers are received in advance and that BRD operates in line with good governance practice.
1.3 Human Resources
Responsible for overseeing the good management of all staff including initiating and conducting staff appraisals;for implementing and managing change and supporting staff through this process; for ensuring that the organisation has appropriate and up-to-date policies and procedures in line with good practice.
1.4 Financial Management & Control
- Responsible for the proper financial management of the organisation ensuring that all financial controls are in place and adhered to, that financial systems are fit-for-purpose and properly implemented and that the organisation is properly resourced to deliver on the strategic plan
- Responsible for ensuring that management accounts are prepared and for reporting quarterly to the board on the overall financial health of the organisation. Providing timely compliance and other reports to the Central Bank and other statutory bodies as required by law/Regulation.
- Responsible for preparing the annual Budget and ensuring that expenditure is controlled in line with the Budget.
- Marshall limited resources as set out by the CEO and the board of directors to the most productive use with the aim of creating maximum value for the company´s stakeholder.
- Lead by developing and cascading the organization´s strategy /mission statement to the lower ranking staff and implementing appropriate rewards/recognitions and coaching/corrective practices to align personnel with accompanying goals
- Maintaining and monitoring measures for the measurement of an operations performance and consideration of efficiency versus effectiveness, often in the form of dashboards convenient for the review of high level key indicators.
- Ensure the successful implementation of the performance based system (PBIS) at the departmental level and the Performance Management Contracts (PMC) at the individual Level
To undertake any other tasks at the instruction of the CEO and ensure proper succession planning.
If interested please send CV to Catherine@talentmanagementltd.com